1. Reggae & Gospel Music: represents the real church experience, there are a lot of negative things put out there about church but this song is an account peculation of what really happens when attending. This songs explains what it's like to be a christian from a young Caribbean’s perspective and what its like growing up in a pentecostal church. The writing describes the traditional Jamaican dish eaten after church on a Sunday (Rice & Peas). Bex’s grandad preaching while he prays but her showing gratitude for it in the song are highlighted moments. As whole this song introduces all the tracks on the album.
Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboard, Ivan Christie Lead/Rhythm Guitar, Kenny Mackay Bass-line, Gary (Revelation)Dixon/Percussion. Dave Brooks Bass Outro.
2. My Lord: is a love letter to God. This song sings a comprehension of God’s grace. Love like water meaning the process of purification & mercy. This song mirrors Ephesians 1:3 ‘‘Blessed be the God and father of lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.’’ When Bex sings this song she said she feels as though she is standing in a heavenly place reading to God her love for him as he is a true friend.
Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboard, Floyd Paris Lead Guitar, Steps Green Sax, Kenny Mackay Bass-line, Gary (Revelation) Dixon Percussion.
3. Walk and Talk: is about Bex being on a journey with God how the enemy has been relentless to try and stop her using her voice to worship God. But growing up her Dad would always quote this scripture to her Ecclesiastes 9:11 I have seen something else under the sun:The race is not to the swift nor the battle to the strong, nor does food come to the wise or wealth to the brilliant or favour to the learned; but time and chance happen to them all. So the marathon proceeds for Bex towards heaven.
Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboards, Joel Grant Bass, Floyd (Praise Plectrum) Paris Lead Guitar ,Kenny Mackay Percussion.
4. Hallelujah: sings praises to the king of glory. It's one of the worship anthems on the album. This song was written for people to sing along too and lift up the name Jesus. Psalms 148:1 Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights above.The writing deliberately elaborates the style of reggae and gospel melodic influences that you would hear on a Sunday at church.
Stuart Green. Kenny Mackay Bassline/percussion
5. Gods Love: is written as a christian love song. It was written for a friend wedding. This song has gone through many versions of production and has finally found its feet. Theres love which is beautiful but there is nothing like Gods love.
Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboard, Steps Green Sax, Kenny Mackay Bassline/Percussion.
6. Wisdom: This song is based off scripture ‘‘How much better to get wisdom than gold, to get insight rather than silver! Proverbs 16:16''. After a very powerful conversation in the studio drinking the absolute best cup tea made brother Stuart Green made. This song was wrote by Bex within a 5 minute radius. Bex calls the Producers brother as respect by the way.
Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboards, Kenny Mackay Bassline/Percussion.
7. Eyes on the King: was written with the intent as a self reminder for Bex to always keep her eyes on Jesus. Keep your eyes on him even when things are good and especially when they are bad. It's all about be laser focused because when God has given you something for his will. To just do it means just fulfil it regardless of the hurdles and oppositions that come in the road.
Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboard, Ivan Christie Lead/Rhythm Guitar, Kenny Mackay Bassline, Gary (Revelation)Dixon/Percussion. Dave Brooks Bass Outro.
8. More: This song is a musical representation of love, an offering and a sacrifice of praise unto the lord Jesus because he loves to speak. Especially to those that want to listen. Bex hears God speaking to her. As she is on her walk of hope to meeting him. This piece of music embodies her forms of communicating to him. Whilst the the instrumentation generated by Stuart Green and Kenneth Mackay creates but yet adds to the gracefully to the lyrics with a summer bliss assemble of ‘Rock steady’ reggae sounds.
Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboard. Kenny Mackay Bassline/Percussion
9. You Made Away: Is a song encouraging people to give glory to God because of who he is. God always makes away when things look like there is no hope or a way out. If you just have a faith in him he will do the rest. He has never gone wrong in Bex’s life but turned all that was sad in to morning sun.
Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboard, Kenny Mackay Bassline/Percussion.
10. I’ll be waiting: Is the song that really comes from deep place in Bex’s soul it is a song letting God know that she really is going to wait on him. This song is so emotional, as there is so much that Bex is waiting for in God and yet she knows it is only him who will allow these things to become. Anyone waiting on something great in their life will relate to this song. As we wait for the lords return we must study deligently.
Â Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboard, Tony (Ruff Cut) Phillips Rhythm Guitar, Steps Green Sax, Kenny Mackay Bassline/Percussion
11. Sweet Jesus: Is another worship anthem which adorns the lord. This song is another sacrifice of praise to the lord. This song was created for listeners to pick up the words with ease so they can sing along too while worshiping the king of heaven.
Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboards. Tony (Ruff Cut) Phillips Rhythm, Kenny Mackay Bassline/Percussion.
12. Thank You: is dedicated to the Bex friends, family and supporters. Sometimes in life there are times when we complain about what we don’t have and moan as we don’t have the things we want. We as humans can sometimes forget to give thanks to God for what he has already done. The word of the lord says: 2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. 3 For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.so lets give thanks.
Stuart (Hammond) Green Keyboards. Tony(Ruff Cut) Phillips, Steps Green Flute, Jerry (Cherry B) Petgrave additional drums, Kenny Mackay
Kenny Mackay producer, singer/songwriter has been in the music industry for 35 years. First as a secular artist/producer and then finding his home in gospel music. Over recent years he has produced many top recording artists. His latest project is a joint venture with 3 Chronicles Studio and the golden voice of Bex Grant. In his own words "This is a magnificent album that will break a lot of chains of peoples lives.
To God be the glory” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUVQksJDoEU
Living for you- Song by Kenny Mackay (Featuring Naybelles) Naomi and Bella https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUVQksJDoEU
interested in music from a very young age, and at age 9 I gravitated to an upright piano both my parents used to play, owing my whole interest in music to them. I later joined my high school band with guitarist and friend Noel Megan and veered off towards the bass guitar, rhythm guitar and drums, which I ended up playing for a while.
After leaving school I enrolled in an apprenticeship with Marconi Avionics during which time I went back to playing keyboards and joined two reggae bands, one from south London playing drums and piano, and the other from east London playing keyboards only.
The latter called Revelation released a single called With you boy becoming an instant hit in the reggae charts during the early eighties, eventually reaching number one for 5 weeks (with the “B side” reaching number four). We continued successfully with top ten and twenty hit records, numerous radio and magazine appearances, releasing our first album simply called Revelation followed shortly afterwards by our second album Variation on a theme which created an interest from the Boney-M management team.